Thanda Safari Rates
from R2,995 per person sharing per night valid until 31 August 2021.
For further information please contact our reservations department.
All rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR), subject to change without prior notice and inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15%.
Updated Cancellation Policy - June 2020
Terms & Conditions
The below policy applies to all reservations:
No deposit payment is required at the time of booking
- Full payment is required 14 days prior to the arrival date
- Cancellations will be permitted up to 15 days prior to travel with no penalty
- Following this, full cancellation penalties apply:
- less than 14 days prior to confirmed arrival date = 100% cancellation fee
- 15 to 44 days prior to confirmed arrival date = 50% cancellation fee
- 45 days and more to confirmed arrival date = 20% of the total booking cost
- Thanda Safari Lodge: Two children under the age of 16 can share a suite with two adults.
- Villa iZulu: Children up to the age of 16 are permitted to share.
- Thanda Tented Camp: We regret that no children under the age of six can be accommodated. One child under the age of 16 can share a tent with two adults.
Terms & Conditions
- Single beds are available for children under the age of 16 sharing with their parents.
- A children's menu is available. Please let us know if your children have any specific dietary requirements.
- Nannies are available at a nominal extra rate and must be booked on arrival.
- Children under three may not dine in the boma, dining room or on decks. A private boma experience may be arranged for families travelling with children under three. Alternatively, room service dinner and a babysitter can be arranged.
- Children under six are not allowed on game drives unless a private vehicle is booked.
- Children under 16 are not allowed on bush walks. However, at your guide's discretion special bush 'rambles' can be arranged for younger children.
Please note: We are more than willing to discuss exceptions to all child-related rules, within reason, in cases where a family or group has reserved Thanda Safari Lodge or Thanda Tented Camp in their entirety.