Thanda Safari Rates
All rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR), subject to change without prior notice and inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15%.
Updated Cancellation Policy - June 2020
Terms & Conditions
- A 20% deposit of the total accommodation charge is required when making the reservation in order to secure the booking.
- Full payment is required 45 days prior to the confirmed arrival date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the confirmed arrival date = 100% cancellation fee
- 15 to 44 days prior to the confirmed arrival date = 50% cancellation fee
- 45 days and more prior to the confirmed arrival date = loss of deposit
- Thanda Safari Lodge: Two children under the age of 16 can share a suite with two adults.
- Villa iZulu: Children up to the age of 16 are permitted to share.
- Thanda Tented Camp: We regret that no children under the age of six can be accommodated. One child under the age of 16 can share a tent with two adults.
Terms & Conditions
- Single beds are available for children under the age of 16 sharing with their parents.
- A children's menu is available. Please let us know if your children have any specific dietary requirements.
- Nannies are available at a nominal extra rate and must be booked on arrival.
- Children under three may not dine in the boma, dining room or on decks. A private boma experience may be arranged for families travelling with children under three. Alternatively, room service dinner and a babysitter can be arranged.
- Children under six are not allowed on game drives unless a private vehicle is booked.
- Children under 16 are not allowed on bush walks. However, at your guide's discretion special bush 'rambles' can be arranged for younger children.
Please note: We are more than willing to discuss exceptions to all child-related rules, within reason, in cases where a family or group has reserved Thanda Safari Lodge or Thanda Tented Camp in their entirety.